Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shadow

shadow

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Empty
PostSubject: My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review   My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:20 am

My battlefield bad company 2 review…..
well guys ive just finished the single player campaign of this game and thought it was time to write up a review…

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309132634.th

Bfbc2 is a EA Digital Illusions CE (DICE
) developed game published by EA, this is my first try of a battlefield game and I have to say they have done a wonderful job of bringing together a top class tactical shooter.

it is a direct sequel to battlefield bad company and is set some years after the events of that game…the game itself has a very good single player which combines a good sense of humor with a slightly serious main story which has enough twists and turns to make for a very enjoyable play through.

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133207.th

The game offers different unit types as well as a huge array of vehicles I think there are 15 vehicles, including new additions, such as the UH-60 Black Hawk, a quad bike, a two-man patrol boat, a personal watercraft, an AA-gun mounted on a light tank, and a UAV helicopter controlled via computer.

The single player story revolves around the team trying to recover a secret weapon and then capture the militant leader, and is set in locations from South America and the mountainous regions along the borders of Russia, although isn’t the longest single player campaign out there, to me it was still very decent and took around 10-12 hours to beat it trying to complete all the bonus objectives offered which involve searching out and destroying m-com sites and finding unlockable weapons.

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309132932.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133657.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133839.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133911.th

Unfortunately…..and yes there is one……..i tried the Multi Player element of the game and now the single player campaign is a distant memory………this game is the perfect MP platform and to be honest I personally haven’t played a better online FPS to date.

Multiplayer has a variety of different game types and you can find yourself in a game with anywhere from 8-32 players:

Rush: Players must defend or destroy pairs of M-COM stations for as long as the attacking teams respawn tickets hold out. An M-COM station can be destroyed by planting a charge, using conventional weapons or when a building is collapsed down on it.

Conquest: Players must capture and hold flags for as long as the enemy respawn tickets hold out. Every kill makes the enemy lose one ticket, and enemy tickets constantly decrease when a team controls more than half of the flags on the map. Vehicles unlock as control points are held.

Squad Rush: Rush mode played with only two opposing squads and one M-COM station.

Squad Deathmatch: Four squads and one Infantry Fighting Vehicle roam the map. First squad to fifty kills wins.

MP also allows players to choose from a set of weapon kits before each spawn, of which there are four: Assault, Engineer, Recon, and Medic In addition to the hand grenades and sidearms standard for all classes, each class also has an initial primary weapon and a pair of gadgets unique to that class, as well as that one can upgrade and unlock specific weapons to that class which allows for a lot of choice as to what role you will play with-in your class and squad…

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bf1l.th

..unlocks come about from earning XP for a specific class by getting kills and achieving objectives and I find it a very nice way to unlock new content.
The game play is fast and very tactical, with a huge emphasis on team work and working well and a four man squad……..

there are some really cool little insignificant features within the MP, for example when you knife some one you receive their dog tags as a trophy, also you can gain badges for completing in game goals, ie: points,objectives, headshots etc.

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100311091841.th

the game servers have a number of different settings some being normal with maps and ammo count etc, and some that are hardcore, including no huds, more weapon damage, etc

This game does have dedicated servers and although there are some bugs with connections and occasional punkbuster boots is a breath of fresh air.

The maps are huge, well designed and varied making for fun battles in a wide range of geographical situations..

The graphics are simply exquisite with fully destructible environments, intensifying the tactical elements of the game, a fantastic physics and although the lighting is a little bright in a couple of the maps...

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100311085830.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100311090039.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133142.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133342.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309133405.th

namely the snow stages and desert it is possible to change the settings to reduce brightness etc, its amazing the see someone fly at you after been blown away from a granade or rocket, or see building come tumbling down around a enemy.....:notworthy:

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100309161456.th

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review Bfbc2game20100311085954.th

As well as that the sound effects are simply out of this world, by far being the best I have experienced in a game, The game utilizes Dolby Digital and the score was composed by Mikael Karlsson.

Basically this game is near perfect and if they iron out the few bugs that are around will complete this masterpiece……..

I give this game a 9/10….in its present state and if the connection and punkbuster bugs are fixed will up my score to 9.5/10……..it is by far the best FPS ive played and I would recommend the game to newbie’s and seasoned like.

Min system requirements: Operating System: Windows XP Windows Vista or Windows 7, CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @2 GHZ ,(recommended quadcore) Memory: 2 GB RAM, Hard Drive Space: 10GB for disc version or 15GB for digital version, Graphics Hardware: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900 with 256 MB VRAM - DirectX 9 DirectX (recommended: GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870 with 512 MB VRAM) - DirectX 10 Sound Hardware DirectX 9.0c compliant Sound card Network 1 Mbit/s internet connection for online play.

So this doesn’t do justice to the game, but hopefully it gives a taste of what bfbc2 has to offer…hope to see you playing soon.
Back to top Go down
LynX
Adminstrator
LynX

PostSubject: Re: My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review   My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 am

nice shadow, excellent review...

I really needa get me ass into gear and buy this game dont i
looks good

hopefully they fix all their bugs soon too

looking forward to experiencing it xP
Back to top Go down
https://vipclan.catsboard.com
Unreal

Unreal

PostSubject: Re: My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review   My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Very good review Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review   My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Battlefield Bad Company 2 review
Page 1 of 1